It’s been over a month since the end of the 2016 CrossFit Games, and what a season it was! We’ve had time to reflect on all of the ups and the downs that come with prepping for such a big event, and, while this year brought new/different elements to a typical CFK season, it was still just as exciting! Below are some of the memorable highlights of 2016.
- Josh Pollema qualified for Regionals as an individual by placing 6th in the Open (one spot behind Dan Bailey I might add).
- Nick Robles finished in 25th place, narrowly missing a trip to Regionals.
- Team Kinnick finished in 13th place to book their 6th straight Regional appearance since the Open format began in 2011.
- New Faces: Jason Kinnick and Jackie Houch made their Team Kinnick debuts, and they did not disappoint!
- Josh Pollema finished in 13th place overall at the California Regional, with 3 top 10 finishes.
- Team Kinnick finished in 24th place.
- Tori Dow took 4th to become the 4th fittest teenage girl in the Teenage Girls 14-15 division. Along the way she amassed four top-4 finishes.
It was an exciting year as usual for CrossFit Kinnick, and 2017 is already shaping up to be a pretty awesome year as well. There’s never a dull moment during Games season at the CFK box. Lot’s of gains still to be made and the aspirations are still as high as ever. Who will impress next year? Stay tuned to find out!